I am writing this article while waiting for a meeting in a well known coffee house usually called as the “third place” in Marina Crescent at the heart of Kuwait. I started to review my goals and I am really grateful for the challenges and successes our organization had for the past year. It is very fulfilling to live the mission of helping others help themselves achieve financial freedom.
New year is here again. Are the goals you set last year were fulfilled? Or have you ever made your goals at all? Do you know how to set it up and accomplish them properly? It is a great time to reset that goals again. If you have none, this is the best time to set them up so that you can track the progress after 6 months or after a year. Whatever month of the year you make your goals it is very important to have them started.
Set your goal big enough that in the process of achieving it you become someone worth becoming. – Jim Rohn
Here some valuable tips that I gathered through the years which can effectively make 2016 your best year ever.
1. Be clear on what you want. The first step to achieve anything in life is clarity on the things you want to have. Ask yourself these questions: What do you want to accomplish? What do you want to experience? What do you want to acquire? Who do you want to be? You can lay down all your aspirations with these. Deciding exactly what you want will give you a sense of direction and can be your map towards achieving your goals.
2. Write your goals according to the different aspects of your life. It is ideal to write down a minimum of 3 goals in each of these 8 areas of life. Financial Goals, Career/Business Goals, Free Time/Family Time, Health/Appearance Goals, Relationship Goals, Spiritual Goals, Personal Growth, Making a Difference. These will help you classify your goals and make them clearer for you. If you have more goals than these, do not limit yourself. You can also mix long and short term goals.
3. Stretch yourself. You can learn new skill. Try something that is uncomfortable and maybe little frightening such as public speaking.
You can also set a breakthrough goal like publishing a book or starting a business. The greatest thing that can happen with this is who you become in the process. According to Jim Rohn, he said that you should set your goal big enough that in the process of achieving it you become someone worth becoming.
4. Know the price you have to pay. It is important to understand that there are sacrifices you are willing to make in order for you to win. You need to determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the goals you desire. For example, if you want to be healthy you need to ensure that you are disciplined enough to do the things that are necessary for you to be fit even if sometimes you don’t like to do it.
There is no such thing as something for free. It is like when you journey on the road to success and whenever your hands are full, you need to put down some of them before you can pick up new things.
5. Your goals should impact others. When you commit to a big dream and really up to it, your mind will come up with great ideas to make it happen. The universe will give you opportunities to materialize them. You will start attracting the right people and resources.
Big dreams not only inspire you, they compel others to want to play big. When your dreams include service to others. It accelerates the accomplishment of those goals. People around you want to be part of something that contributes and makes a difference.
6. Make time your ally, work on your goals daily. To keep your subconscious mind focused on what you want, read your list of goals everyday.
You can make it even more powerful by closing your eyes and focusing on each goal and ask yourself, “What is one thing I could do today to move toward the achievement of this goal?” Write down your answers and take those actions. As they say, “How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.” Steady progress in bite-sized chunks puts even the hardest goals into reach.
Do you have other ideas to make 2016 your best year? Share them and meet us in the comments.
PS. We are regularly conducting Free Financial Classes to help you make 2016 your best year. For free class schedules, you can contact us here or you can also avail of our Free Financial Check up here to help you properly set up your finances this 2016.